Saturday, September 20, 2008

Goodbye Mr. Crudfinger

I honestly don't know how I forgot to include this exceptional product in my "Small Change . . . Big Tone" post - - but I did.

I was introduced to Kyser's Dr. Stringfellow Guitar String Cleaner & Conditioner by Brakin' Records solo recording artist & good friend Craig Schulte. Being a performing musician on budget, and not having the lettuce to re-string his axes with new strings each and every nite, Dr. Stringfellow String Conditioner was Craig's answer to preserving that “freshly re-strung” tone, as well as significantly extending string life.

About the cost of a new set of strings, a bottle of Dr. Stringfellow will last for months – maybe even years (*depending on how many guitars you have.) Applied with a soft, lint-free cloth, it removes all of the tone-robbing oils and skin crud left over from regular playing, leaving in its place a snappy, vibrant, and re-vitalized guitar string. Bravo!

Dr. Stringfellow has been a integral part of my regular guitar maintenance regimen for over (13) years, and thus comes highly recommended. - - J.

No comments: